Publishing a nonfiction book yourself? Great! The indie path makes a lot of sense for many nonfiction authors who want to fit a book into part of a broader business practice.
But the learning curve can be steep. I can guide you on the journey:
- Identifying the pros and cons of the indie publishing path
- Navigating the essential tasks of publishing, in the right order
- Working with copyeditors, designers, and proofreaders
- Stepping through decisions about formats, pricing, distribution
- Decoding the mysteries of meta data (keywords, categories, and descriptions)
- Writing a compelling book description
- Uploading to various distributors and print-on-demand vendors
- Setting up an initial book launch plan
Note: This service fits people who are willing to learn the ins and outs of indie publishing. You’ll be the publisher and hire any designers or editors. I’ll be your guide.
Anne was a steady, reliable mentor throughout my entire writing process. I can’t imagine having done it so quickly, so well, and so painlessly without her help. Her excellent writing and editing guidance kept me on track and helped me to find the best way to develop the book. In addition, her invaluable experience led me directly to an excellent cover artist and copy editor, not to mention help in navigating the complex Amazon publishing process. If you want to make your book the best it can be, hire Anne!